|Southland Hardware in Montrose – a great local source for all the items on your to do list!|
Your vehicle requires routine maintenance to run smoothly, and the same goes for your house. Without service reminders, however, it can be easy to forget to tend to all the systems that keep your house fully functioning. Fortunately, you can create a simple annual maintenance checklist to properly care for your home and prevent potential issues from becoming major problems.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Change air filters in the heating and air conditioning system.
- Clean range hood filters to avoid possible grease fires.
- Trim back any shrubbery or plant growth around the outdoor HVAC unit by at least 18 inches.
- Check and wipe down sliding doors and window tracks.
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors.
- Test garage door and grease tracks as needed.
- Clear gutters of spring and fall foliage.
- Power wash windows and siding.
- Schedule seasonal service of the HVAC system before summer and winter.
- Inspect and insulate pipes to protect them from freezing.
- Trim trees and shrubs away from the home’s exterior.
- Touch up exterior paint and check for wood rot or water damage.
- Check grouting in kitchen and bathroom and repair if necessary.