Spring break for most Houston students starts next week. Some families take off for sunnier climates found in Florida while others embrace the cold for a ski trip in the mountains. The weather in Houston is hard to predict these days but if you and your crew are spending spring break at home, I can guarantee that these Htown destinations will provide fun for the whole family!
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers extended hours during spring break so you can linger longer over their popular Paleo wing. Make sure to take a shadow selfie with their T. rex known as Stan. Kathlyn’s Tip: Take advantage of free admission on Thursdays from 2-5 pm.
- Be on the lookout for the new art installation, New Monuments for New Cities, in Buffalo Bayou Park. For more art in the park, head underground for a guided tour of the Cistern that’s filled with colorful projections by artist Carlos Cruz-Diez. Tickets must be purchased in advance with hours extended for spring break.
- Asia Society is offering a free Journey Through Japan program for spring breakers which includes crafts like origami and daily film screenings.
- Discovery Green hosts a FUNomenal Spring Break with foam parties, live music, poetry paired with yoga, and a mad science show. Plus, their outdoor roller rink is open along with kayak rentals for a smooth sail on Kinder Lake.
- The Katy Prairie Conservancy’s March calendar includes a trail walking tour and a live native snake presentation.