School is almost out for summer which means it’s time for summer camp! In a city as diverse as Houston, there’s a summer camp to suit every child – from a budding Olympian to a Nobel Prize scientist. I’ve rounded up a list of camps covering a wide range of interests in a variety of locations, including Galveston for lucky families who vacation at the beach during the summer break.
- If the play’s the thing, sign up for acting camps with the Alley Theatre, Main Street Theater, and HITS Theatre.
- Sporty types can take up fencing, gymnastics, hula hooping, ice skating, swimming, and soccer.
- Linguists can learn Italian, French, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese.
- Don a lab coat for science sessions at the Health Museum and the American Robotics Academy.
- Explore the land and sea at the Downtown Aquarium Sea Safari Camp, Armand Bayou Nature Center, and Galveston-based camps with Artist Boat and Moody Gardens.
- Hit the dance floor at Hunter Dance Center, Claire School of Dance, and the Houston Ballet.
Here’s to summer!