Houston Restaurant Weeks is in full swing now through September 2nd. Participating restaurants offer specially-priced menus with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Houston Food Bank, the largest food bank in the United States. Since its start in 2003, this annual event has raised over $12 million dollars and has provided over 36 million meals to those in need through the Houston Food Bank.
Besides contributing to a worthy cause, Houston Restaurant Weeks is also an excellent excuse to try a new restaurant or visit an old favorite. With over 250 restaurants participating in the Houston area, check out the full list and start making your reservations. I’ve highlighted a few neighborhoods to get you started.
- Bloom & Bee for seasonal dining in the beautiful Post Oak Hotel
- Eloise Nichols for southern-style comfort food
- Yauatcha Houston for upscale dim sum dishes
- La Fisheria for ceviche and seafood dishes with a Mexican flair
- Brasserie du Parc for French classics
- Xochi for Oaxacan moles and artful chocolate desserts
- Indika for samosas, curries, and other Indian food favorites
- Night Heron for contemporary American dishes
- Roost for their famous fried cauliflower