Every August, Houston’s Theater District hosts an open house full of on-stage performances and backstage tours of our city’s celebrated venues like the Alley Theatre and the Wortham Center, home to Houston’s very own ballet, symphony, and opera companies. Mark your calendar for Sunday, August 25th from noon-5 pm!
A schedule of hands-on activities provide inspiration to budding thespians, ballet dancers, and musicians. Local food trucks will be on-site but the event is a great opportunity to explore downtown’s food scene at Finn Hall, The Conservatory, and Understory.
Theater District Open House Highlights
- 12-3:50 pm – Instrument Petting Zoo (Jones Hall)
- 12:30-5 pm – Face painting & wig demos with the Houston Grand Opera (Wortham Center)
- 1-1:30 pm – Intro to Ballet (Wortham Center)
- 2:15 pm-2:45 pm – HSPVA Jazz Spotlight (Wortham Center)
- 3-3:20 pm – Learn an accent with a dialect coach (Alley Theatre)
- 3:30-5 pm – TUTS Spotlight: A Chorus Line (Hobby Center)
- 4-5 pm – Houston Symphony Concert (Jones Hall)
Break a leg!