Longtime Houstonians are familiar with Fannin Street’s Flower Row of florists where Fannin Flowers has been in business since 1983. However, there’s a new crop of floral shops ready to create a bespoke bouquet for every occasion. Check out these floral finds the next time you’re looking to surprise someone (or yourself!) with a bevy of blooms.
- Picked Flower Co. started as a floral truck before opening its brick and mortar shop in Shady Acres. Besides made-to-order arrangements, you can join their Petal Club subscription service for a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly delivery of hand-picked flowers.
- For high design, Bloom and Box fashions flowers into lush arrangements contained in one of their signature boxes.
- Orchid Express in the Heights offers over 300 orchids for sale or lease. Fans of these flowering plants can also join their Orchid-of-the-Month Club.
- River Oaks Plant House is known for their date night wine and flower packages and whimsical topiaries featuring a menagerie of animals for your front yard.
- Smart shoppers head to Central Market on Tuesdays for $1 single-stem roses in a variety of hues.
Stop and smell the roses!