A perfectly carved turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, and pumpkin pie are Thanksgiving culinary staples. However, not everyone is up to the task of mastering all those delicious dishes. And some of us just have to show up as grateful guests who get to savor the feasts created by family and friends. In either scenario, Houston’s bakeries, restaurants, and wine shops are here to help.
Here’s a roundup of places where you can outsource a side dish (or the entire meal!) and bring a gift that’s guaranteed to impress. Kathlyn’s Tip: Be sure to confirm ordering deadlines!
- Underbelly Hospitality’s selection includes yeast rolls & satsuma cranberry sauce.
- The Pit Room offers smoked turkeys, hams, and whole briskets.
- B & B Butchers features turkey and prime rib plus Yorkshire pudding.
- Red Dessert Dive has pumpkin pies with vegan and gluten-free options.
- Goode Co. Barbecue’s pecan pies can be picked up at their annual pie drive-thru.
- Moeller’s Bakery’s petit fours have been a fan favorite since 1930.
- Memorial Wine Cellar is ready with plenty of gift bags.
- Vinology offers wine flights so you can sample before purchasing.
- Montrose Cheese and Wine’s “June’s Sparking Rose” is a crowd-pleaser.
Happy Houston Thanksgiving!