|Staying occupied at home is a challenge but the city’s museums have rallied to create online content to enjoy from our computer and phone screens. From fine art to fossils, you and your family have access to Houston’s Museum District. |
Get ready to museum-hop online with these recommendations!
Houston’s Online Museums
- The Menil Collection has an online archive of their artwork as well as views of their current exhibitions. Kathlyn’s Tip: Practice social distancing at Menil Park while admiring the outdoor sculptures around the campus.
- The Museum of Fine Arts features online exhibitions plus a look inside the decorative rooms at Rienzi and Bayou Bend.
- Check out the Contemporary Arts Museum’s calendar offering virtual talks and drop-in experiences from home.
- Asia Society shares online art exhibits, performances, lectures on global affairs, and fun activities for families.
- Go behind-the-scenes with videos of the Cockrell Butterfly Garden and Fossil Prep Lab at the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
- Young ones can enjoy storytime sessions and find DIY science experiments on the Children’s Museum website.